Sueglish

2011년 4월 25일 월요일

Reflection

What I thought about last class, it takes time to change people's thinking.
Before I take last week's class, I ask this question to my mother and my frriend.
"Are you OK gay teacher can be your chidren's teacher? "
My mother said to me "No, I hate it" " Why? if teacher is a gay, it might be safe to girl st
Sexual violiance is very dangerous to girl"
" Yes, but no" " Why? Why?" " Just, NO"
My father has same opinion, too.
So, I ask to my friends, "It can be OK, I am thinking about my chindren's case."
My friends reaction is not hostile than my parent's reaction. but still she's not ok.
Why korean think gay taboo?  I think not our korean's thought.
Many western culture people to think like korean's. But, it depends on people's percentage.
and it depends on the culture's difference.
A long time ago, woman deal with like this gay to the man.
Woman represent to symbol of unlucky to korea,
Many taxi-driver think first woman customer is unlucky.
First woman who wear a glasses is more unlucky.
There's no reason. Just man's thinking.
Many sailers think, too.  Even my younger days, many adult think like that.
But these day's people's thinking is changing I think.
I think homosexualist is not problem to be a teacher.
It's safe than straight man to the young girls.
We have to wait to people's thinking, and try to effort.

2개의 덧글:

2011년 4월 25일 오후 8:55 , Blogger Catherine Gallagher 덧글 내용...

I wholeheartedly agree with you that we shouldn't discriminate against gay men (and women) teaching in schools, but to say that its "safer" for young girls kind of suggests that all straight male teachers are sexual predators, which is equally prejudiced. No teacher should have to defend their sexuality, and questions about it shouldn’t even be a part of the discourse.

 
2011년 4월 27일 오전 2:43 , Blogger criticaljunkie 덧글 내용...

really good thoughts here, i think. i wonder why 'gay' has become synonymous with words like pervert and sexual predator. it is also fascinating to me that a person's sexuality is something that some people feel needs to be regulated and policed. there have been numerous people in the united states who have protested against openly gay teachers- so these types of attitudes are certainly not new. there have been gay teachers everywhere in the world for as long as there have been teachers. that much is certain. it seems to me, then, that the real political issue here is whether or not these teachers who identify as 'gay' should be forced to keep this part of their lives a secret. thanks for your thoughts....

 

댓글 쓰기

에 가입 댓글 [Atom]

<< 홈